It has been quite a summer so far. I have been busy getting ready for school in the fall and dealing with family life. I won't bore you to tears with all of that. Suffice it to say that I have twin teens and they have kept me quite busy this summer.
I am playing around with different formats for the show. Things will change frequently until I get a good feel. I didn't so much care for the last format. The main reason is because I would get callers that just wanted to argue. They do not have the information that I have and do more talking when they should be doing more listening. They would make me angry with their ignorance. I think that I am going to use the hang up button more then I have been. I would prefer if people would make their comment and then get off the line. Instead they hang on as if they are a guest that I want to talk to. I will tick some folks off but that is okay. Then there is this guy that always calls the show and talks his ignorant rant and then has his own show and runs me down. That is okay though. He calls my show and then gets upset because I am a liberal. Umm...doesn't my name say that? Why call my show and be surprised that you are talking to a tree hugger. Egad!
LOCAL NEWS
As rough as this city can be..it can be just as beautiful, which is why I stay. I love my city. WATCH! Sorry I couldn't get the link to work.
The murder tally in Racine is down. If you believe the newspaper anyway. Unfortunately all that happens in Racine is not covered. You hear so much more if you have a scanner. What is put in the paper is bad enough, I guess no one would live here if they knew everything that went on.
Early Saturday morning a Chicago teenager was shot and killed at a gas station on 16th and Murray. Supposedly the teenager was exchanging words with someone in the parking lot. A male occupant of a white Ford Explorer fired shots at Youngblood as he left the lot. If anyone has information they can call crime stoppers at 262-636-9330. http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2008/08/11/local_news/doc489de131e9a71466223599.txt
STRANGE SUICIDES
When ever I hear about another suicide, I always ask the question, what were they involved in. For example, something that you didn't hear nearly enough about was the DC Madam. In case you didn't hear about her, she was the TOP call girl service for Washington DC. She was brought up on all kinds of charges. There were some very high name political figures associated with her. Republican David Vitter, was on the list. Was he dragged through the coals...of course not. Jeane Palfry was getting ready to be sentenced. She made it perfectly clear that if she went to jail...she wasn't going alone. Then guess what happened? She was found dead. In her mothers shed of all places. Supposedly of a suicide. I don't believe it. Listen to the show to hear the latest on that.
Then there is the recent suicide of the aide of Senator Jim Webb. He was only 26. He seemed to have it all in front of him. Then he commits suicide? I am going to research that a little further. Something doesn't sound right. He must have known something about something. Time will tell.
There was the apparent suicide of an Air Force Brigadier general . This is why I think this is strange. Tinsley was named base commander in May 2007. His previous 22 moth assignment was executive officer to the Air Force chief of staff, Gen. T. Michael Mosely, who in June resigned under pressure in an agency shake up. Defense Secretary Robert Gates ousted both Mosely, the Air Force military chief, and Air Force Secretary Michael Wynne, the agency's civilian head, holding them accountable for failing to fully correct an erosion of nuclear related performance standards. One concern was a cross country flight in August 2007 of a B52 carrying armed nuclear weapons. That is three strange suicides that have happened this summer. I will be looking in to those in greater depth.
GOSSIP
This is a hot week for gossip. For those who just HAVE to know..this is the segment for you. Love is in the air..NOT! Dr. Phil and his wife are rumored to be calling it splitsville. I could see that coming. His first mistake was putting his wife on his show. It was just a matter of time before she would want her own. She isn't even all that good. Who the hell is she to tell any of us anything? She reminds me of those christian TV shows where the wife of the preacher has a show and she is telling all of us women how to be better (subservient) to our husbands...GAG!!
Then of course there is the news about John Edwards cheating on his wife. I learned about this I don't know HOW long ago. How did I know about it before the mainstream media? I read the National Enquirer. They are right more often then they are wrong. An Enquirer reporter caught up with John at a hotel. Just so happened that the woman that he had the affair with is at the same hotel..with a baby no less. John hid in a restroom until security came and helped him leave the building...hmmm...now he is on TV saying how sorry he is..yawn.
BUT here is the biggest gossip. GEORGE BUSH and his wife Laura are rumored to be getting separate places to live. Actually, Bush himself said that Laura was in Dallas looking for a new house. He said he was staying at Crawford.
OPEN TOPIC
I am starting a new dating segment. Once a month I will be interviewing a very good friend of mine. She is a dating expert extraordinaire. Her name is Pussy Galore. Don't be frightened by her name. She is a delightful person. I know you will enjoy her. Get your questions ready. She is experienced in many dating environments. Nothing will shock or surprise her. I will have a special show for her debut. Keep an eye out. She is well worth the wait!!!
Ms. Galore will soon have her own blog that you will be able to speak with her directly. She will let us know about her latest dating experience.
TTYL!!
Eileen
Monday, August 11, 2008
I am back!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
I am always willing to talk to some one with an open mind.